5.21.2009

The Shoutocalypse

nubi came to the Master one day, tormented and afraid. It seemed Digg was changing severely, yet again. "Master, the Powers That Be are taking away our voice! How can we ever share stories with our friends?"

"Fear not, nubi. Do you remember what I told you about your friends on Instant Messengers?"

"Well, yes, but that's only some of my friends!"

"Calm yourself, nubi. I'm not finished. As before, they are your most important friends. However, to make something more like shouts, we have to journey to a new land. That land is the land of Twitter."

"Twitter? I do have a berth there, but it is unfamiliar to me."

"As it will be unfamiliar to your friends, yet it is the best way. A Twitter post is very similar in nature to a shout on Digg, if used that way."

"So, how do I use it?"

"I will contemplate and talk more on this subject soon, but something needs to be said now. First of all, tell your Friends, in a Shout, where your feed is. Also, follow any who shout you their feed."

"Alright... and hopefully they will follow me?"

"Well, yes. This diaspora from Digg's communication lines should be helpful. It should also make the site faster to load."

"That will be nice. So, should I treat Twitter posts like shouts?"

"Not exactly, nubi. There is an Art of Twitter, that you will have to learn, over time. However, at first that should be sufficient, while you learn the ropes."

"So, you will guide me in this, Master?"

"As much as I can, nubi. I'm still learning the Way of Twitter myself."

By this, nubi was enlightened.
--------------------------------

To my Digg friends: Please post your Twitter account as a comment, and tell me your Digg account as well so I know who you are. I WILL follow you.

3 comments:

  1. A great blog post that I will be forwarding to all my friends, Thank you Master!!
    MY Digg Profile- http://digg.com/users/FI5HERMAN
    My twitter for Digg-http://twitter.com/DiggersDen

    hey....life is good....

    Allen Sentance
    Fisherman
    allensentance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13JackieParker

    You are wise.

    My Digg: http://digg.com/users/13jackieparker

    My Twitter for digg: https://twitter.com/DiggJackiePark

    ReplyDelete